● Communicate with Client on status of meeting proposed goals.
● Assisting in development and prioritization of a list of key legislative agenda items with regard to which there Legis Group will actively represent the Clients by advocating for or against such items in a particular legislative session, and prepare pre-session reports and materials for dissemination to local legislative delegations;
● Monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on proposed legislation during the legislative session on items of interest to the Client, including preparing written reports and/or summaries as requested by the Client;
● Lobbying for or against particular bills or amendments as identified in conjunction with the Client;
● Securing appropriations items and moving those items through the Legislative and executive process;
● Drafting legislation and amendments along with “white papers” explaining such legislation and/or amendments;
● Developing coalitions and working with the opposition to mediate workable solutions;
● Working closely with the executive branch and legislative leadership to advance the Client’s position on legislative matters;
● Provide any assistance to the Client as needed on issues that benefit the Client such as funding via state appropriations process;
● Provide feedback to the Client on progress of legislative packages and notification of meetings that the Client need to attend to show strong support by local elected officials for critical issues that warrant such support;
● Offer assistance with issues relating to the Federal Government as requested by the Client;
● Assist in any other related duties as requested by the Client.
● Attendance at Meetings & Conferences:
● Attend and participate in any Client meetings and any committee or staff meetings of the Client as requested,
● Attend and participate in all legislative delegation meetings,
● Attend and participate in any conferences deemed appropriate by the Client.
● Identify and Meet with Client to discuss range of issues that Client would like addressed.
● Develop strategies to meet client goals
● Work with state government officials in the Legislative, Executive, and Cabinet branches of the government to ensure passage of legislative or administrative agenda.
● Also work with various local governments around the state of Florida.